Fall is the perfect time to get in healthy fats and prepare for colder weather and gound beef is and quick meal waiting to happen. Just thaw the beef under cold water for a few minutes and your ready to go!
Here are 3 recipes that are easy to make using healthy grass-fed beef.
1. Ground Beef Tacos
A delicious, traditional taco
Ready in: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb lean ground beef
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
2 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
8 corn tortillas
3/4 cup cheddar cheese or shredded Mexican cheese blend
2 Roma tomatoes or 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
2 cups shredded romain or iceberg lettuce
1) Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a 12 inch non stick skillet over medium high heat. Add beef in large chunks to skillet spacing apart. Season with salt and pepper.
2) Let brown on bottom, about 3 minutes then flip, break up beef and continue to cook until almost cooked through, about 2 minutes
3) Add, garlic, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and continue to cook until beef is just cooked through, about 1 minute
4) Pour in chicken broth and tomato sauce. Simmer over medium-low heat until sauce has reduced and thickened, about 3-5 minutes
5) Serve warm over warmed tortillas with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, and other desired toppings
1) Cook in non-stick skillet or electric griddle in olive oil over medium-high heat briefly, about 15-20 sec per side
2. Ground Beef Chili
Ready in: 30 minutes
This 30-min Beef Chili Recipe is hearty and packed full of flavor! Loaded with vegetables, ground beef, spices, and beans, this easy chili is the ultimate comfort food. Simple, old-fashioned chili at its best.
Yield: 8 servings
2 tbs avocado oil
1 large sweet onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsdiced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
2 lbs. lean ground beef (85/15)
1 1/2 tbs ground cumin
2 tbs chili powder
1 tbs smoked paprika
1/2 tbs ground coriander
1/2 tbs sea salt
2 carrots, diced
1 red pepper, diced
28oz diced fire roasted tomatoes
2, 14oz tomato sauce (no salt)
1 cup beef broth
2, 14oz can dark red kidney beans
1) Heat a large dutch oven to medium high heat
2) Add in avocado oil and onions. Sauce until onions are translucent, about 2-3 minutes
3) Next add in garlic and chipotle peppers, saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stirring the whole time.
4) Add in the ground beef. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Smashing and stirring the whole time so the meat is broken up.
5) Next add in the spices, ground cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and sea salt. Stir the spices in to the meat until everything is combined.
6) Add in the red pepper and carrots, cook for 2 minutes
7) Next add in the diced fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and kidney beans. Stir everything together and cover.
8) Keep the heat at medium high. Let the chili cook for 15 minutes.
9) Serve and enjoy.
3. Hearty Italian Vegetable Beef Soup
Filled with chunks of ground beef, plenty of vegetables, and generous Italian spices. This soup freezes quite well making it perfect for easy lunches.
Ready in: 40 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
2 lbs ground beef
4 cloves garlic minced
1 small yellow onion diced (1 cup)
10 med carrots sliced thin (4 cups)
6 stalks celery sliced thin (3 cups)
6 cups water
16 ounce can of diced tomatoes
28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
14 ounce can of tomato sauce
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1/2 head of green cabbage roughly chopped (4 cups)
1) In the bottom of a large pot, over medium high heat, cook and crumble the ground beef along with the garlic and onion. When the beef has browned, about 8 minutes, add the carrots, celery, and water to the pot. Increase heat to high and add the diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover with a lid. Once the soup is boiling, stir, and reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered for about 15-20 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
2) Taste the soup and adjust the salt as desired. Stir in the cabbage. Simmer a few more minutes, just until the cabbage has wilted. Top with cheese if desired, just before serving. Enjoy!
Check out our current Specials