Homemade Soy Sauce Alternative Recipe
Homemade soy sauce with beef bone broth, vinegar, spices, and fish sauce is a very close tasting (and much healthier) alternative to store-bought soy sauce.
- 2 cups Beef bone broth
- 1 tsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Molasses
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Onion powder
- a pinch each of salt, pepper and ground ginger
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- Combine all ingredients except fish sauce in a small pan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 8-9 minutes or until reduced by about half.
- Taste to make sure you've reached the desired flavor and saltiness. Add more salt if needed.
- Remove from heat and add fish sauce.
- Stir well and let cool.
- Store in the refrigerator and use in place of soy sauce as desired.