Here’s a great receipt for simple chicken soup! 1, 2, 3!
Adjust the amounts as you see fit!
- 1 pack whole legs
- 1 pack bone-in breast
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 bulb garlic
- all purpose seasoning herbs, salt and pepper if you wish
- 1 TBS olive oil
- Feel free to add in your seasonal favorites, skip the salt, or anything else you feel like!
- In a cast iron pot with a lid, add the chicken, vegetables, olive oil, herbs and water. (Leave about an inch of room at the top)
- With lid on, put into a 350F oven for 3 hours
- take the pot out of the oven , take out the chicken and remove meat from the bone and return to the pot. You can strain the broth if you prefer to (you can just leave it as-is, too)
- That’s it! Add salt and extras in the bowl just before serving, and enjoy!