This Greek inspired salad is loaded with your usual Greek salad ingredients with the addition of avocado and grilled chicken. Adding freshly grilled and chopped chicken to salads takes them to the next level making it complete meal.
- For the grilled chicken
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts pounded flat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove crushed in garlic press
- salt & pepper to taste
- For The Salad:
- 2 cup romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado peeled pitted and chopped
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half (can use any other type of tomatoes)
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 jar 6.5 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbled or cubed
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 small garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Pound Chicken flat with a meat tenderizer or slice chicken breasts in half to make them thinner. In medium bowl or ziplock bag, combine the chicken, olive oil, oregano, garlic and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Heat a large heavy duty pan to medium-heat and grill chicken 5-6 minutes per side until tender and cooked through. Remove from pan, cool for 5 minutes then slice or chop.
Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a mason jar and shake to combine. alternately, whisk i s a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine all the chopped ingredients for the salad. Top with chopped chicken a drizzle with generously with dressing. Serve immediately!
Full recipe here: https://gimmedelicious.com/2017/04/25/greek-avocado-grilled-chicken-salad-with-greek-dressing/